HARMONY- Paul E. Herrick, 93, died October 26, 2013, at Hibbard Nursing Home in Dover-Foxcroft. He was born on Sugar Hill in Harmony at the old Herrick Homestead on February 29, 1920, the fifth child of Don C. and Beulah Leavitt Herrick.\n\nHe was educated in the Cambridge 9 grades Village School, graduated from Harmony High School in 1939, and the Eastern Maine Technical College in Bangor in 1989. He graduated from the Aero Industries Technical Institute, and went to California in 1940 and worked in the Northrup Aircraft Factory. In November 1944 he joined the U.S. Army, took basic training at Camp Roberts and served in Europe until his honorable discharge in 1946. On December 4, 1946, he married Barbara Foss and they had one daughter, Paula Jean.\n\nIn 1946 he joined the Masonic Lodge in Cambridge, went through the chairs and in 1969 was Master of the Lodge. Later he became a 32 degree mason and joined the Anah Shrine in Bangor.\n\nPaul joined his brother, Sam in a venture called "Herrick Brothers", beginning on April 1, 1947 in Guilford. This lasted almost 40 years. \n\nPaul dedicated many hours to the Town of Harmony, guiding a committee to complete a Comprehensive Plan. He designed and helped produce tax maps for the town. He and Barbara measured all of the roads in Harmony and designated the house numbers for the 911 system. He spent many years on the Cemetery Committee preparing and ordering maps for all of Harmony's cemeteries. He was the Treasurer for Harmony for five years, chairman of the Planning Board for fifteen years, and treasurer of the Patriarch's Club for 20 years. He founded the Heart of Gold Snowmobile Club in 1972. He chaired a committee to build a Veteran's Honor Roll monument in the park, and organized a crew to build a gazebo in the park. \n\nHe was predeceased by his brother Phillip in 1968, his brother, Samuel in 1998, his brother, Clarence in 2005, and sister, Ruth in 2011.\n\nHe is survived by his loving daughter, Paula Collier and her husband, Tim, and two beautiful grandchildren, Katherine DeCoste and her husband, Jim, and Matthew Evans and his wife, Melody.\n\nVisiting hours will be held on Friday, November 1st, from 6 to 8 PM, at Crosby & Neal, 21 Oak Street in Guilford. Funeral services will be held at the funeral home on Saturday at 1 PM with Pastor Levi Pratt officiating.\n\nWhen Paul was born he was attended by Dr. Wilson who was transported to the site by a horse. When Paul was taken from Sugar Hill to Cambridge by his grandmother at age 1 1/2 years, he was transported by a horse. On his last journey, he will be transported by horses to his final resting place in the Sugar Hill Cemetery in Harmony.\n\nIn lieu of flowers donations may be made in his memory to the Harmony Historical Society, c/o Paula Collier, 1064 River Ave., Gardiner, ME 04345.